There are a bunch of different things you can do, as far as marketing, to get your company’s name out there. Starting a contractor website is probably one of the best ways now-a-days, considering everyone googles everything.
Construction is an absolutely huge industry, with absolutely endless opportunities. However, with great opportunity usually comes great competition.
It is for this reason, that is important that you have your construction companies name, where ever potential clients might be looking. In today’s time, that would usually be the internet!
We will go over some other contractor marketing techniques as well, but first let’s dive into this website building thing.
Building Your Construction Marketing Website
When it comes to building your website, you have two different options:
Hire someone to build it for you
Build it yourself.
Now, it may seem kind of scary doing either one, but it’s actually quite easier than you think, no matter which route you decide to take.
Let’s talk a little about both, and how you can do them, so that you can further your construction marketing technique!
Hiring someone to do it for you –
This can seem like a scary choice for many reasons, but the two most obvious reason being the cost associated with it, and another one being you asking yourself “how in the heck am I going to find someone that can do that?!”
Well, we’re glad you asked! Because we have the answer to both of these problems!
The answer is something that you aren’t quite used to in the construction industry…remote workers. Now, in the world of contracting, remote workers aren’t of much use. However, in the world of online marketing and website building, remote workers are everything.
It is for this reason, even though you are not used to it, that it is important to open your mind up to the idea of hiring reliable remote workers. The best part? These people also work on contracts, and can afford to do work at much lower of a price than local employees! You hire them, they do the work, you pay them, and then that’s it! No crazy paperwork to sign or anything else.
You may be wondering where to find these so called “remote workers”, and so are a lot of other people! That is why they have put themselves out there on various freelancing sites!
You can scroll through all types of website developers and designers, look at their reviews, and decide exactly who you want to contact with your project.
Or, if you want them to come to you instead, you can simply post a job, and let them begin bidding or proposing on your project! After that, you decide which one, hit a few buttons, and boom! There you go, you have a freelancer who is willing to do awesome work for low prices, just like that.
Building It Yourself
Now, there is a lot that can go into building a website, and there is a lot that can go into learning the process.
It doesn’t have to be that difficult though. I won’t go into great detail because there are plenty of absolutely great and detailed guides out there like this one or this one that I simply wouldn’t match up to even if I tried.
Those guides there will go over what platforms to use, what kind of templates to use, how to get the different templates, how to get your domains registered, and every other little thing that you need to know. Whether you are a beginner, or a longtime expert, there is something to be learned from those guides.
While following them, or even just one of them, there is no reason that it should take you any longer than a week of a little bit of hard work in order to have a functioning and built website up and running.
Whichever route you decide to take…
No matter which one you choose, there are a few things to take into consideration when having a contractor website:
- You should look into SEO and understand at least the basics of it, and how it works. Local SEO is especially important when starting a website for construction marketing purposes.
- Websites are not like buildings or houses that you have constructed. Just because you build it, does not mean they will come. You have to lead people there through having the website name on your construction vehicles, and on any other piece of advertising, on top of the SEO that you should learn about.
- Having a website is important, but keeping up with it is even more important. Think about what it is your customers want to hear, what type of info they need to know, etc. and put that on your site! Make sure to have something there that will land the sale, and keep all of your content up to date!
- It might be beneficial to also start some social media pages to go along with your website. If you have multiple social media pages and a website running, it can be well worth it to hire someone to run them all, post to them, and keep them up to date. Yes, that will be another employee you will need to pay, but it will also lead to more customers not just instantly, but overtime as well. You will make a very large return on the investment of that employee.
More Contractor Marketing Tips
Different marketing strategies are one of those things that you just have to keep trying and switching around, to see if they work. Luckily for us, a lot of people have already tried a lot of strategies, so we have a good idea of the kind of things that work. Let’s look at a few…
- Putting your company name and number on not only the side of your construction vehicles, but the back as well. Putting them on the side is good, but it is very difficult (not to mention dangerous) for some people to put numbers in their phone or write them down while driving and looking beside them. Putting them on the back of the vehicle makes them accessible while at a stop sign, at a red light, or just while driving normally but still being able to look ahead of them.
- Putting Signs Out – Putting signs out while you are doing your work, or in front of work that has already been done, tells anyone who likes the work, who has done it. Make sure to include the company name, number, and website so that anyone can get on and find you, no matter what their preferences are as far as contacting.
- Networking – Networking can be, and often is, the most powerful form of marketing when it comes to most businesses. Churches, city councils, community events, etc. are going to expose you to a lot of people who have a large say in the community and this can have a huge impact on the amount of business you get.
There are literally endless amounts of different marketing strategies and techniques, especially when it comes to construction marketing, that you can try out, so just keep reading around!
In this day and time though, I would say one of the most important is having that contractor website and those social media pages. It can greatly increase the number of eyes that see your companies name, making them think of you anytime they think about a construction project.
Now that you know some contractor marketing techniques, have some contractor website guides, and have a little bit of an idea as to what to do, stop waiting and go do it!
As always, taking action is the greatest marketing technique of all.