Are you doing everything in your power to generate more leads for your contracting, construction, renovation services?
As we mentioned in our report on steps you can take to have a successful contracting business in 2015, among our recommendations was taking control of your search engine optimization and lead generation (vs. paying a third party). Why?
You will get better, higher converting leads and will spend much less per customer than if you acquire all your business through a third party. Plus, relying on others is risky. That’s why doing SEO, or social media marketing, or signing up with a lead generation company exclusively for all your online promotion is risky. You should have your own website, social media presence and an online marketing strategy for strategically attracting and signing up new customers.
In the world of professional services, word of mouth will always be king, but you can supplement word of mouth and have greater geographic research through your own website, blog, online review sites, and more.
So, on to the ten facts you probably are not aware of, that are critical to your business growth!
The Critical Importance of Local Directories
- According to a small business poll conducted by AT&T, Half of the users looking for an online purchase do not start their search with a search engine, but rather through a local directory.
- The site GetListed reports that searches within local directories account for a whopping 10 billion of the searches that are made every month.
- YouTube surpassed Twitter in 2014. YouTube is the second-largest social networking site in the world, only behind Facebook.
- Despite the importance of online reviews to local marketing, there are still 87 per cent of small businesses that don’t use review sites such as Google+ Business or Yelp, according to Mashable.
- At the end of 2014, Google+ Business had 540 million users. 240 million of those were active in any given month.
- 90 per cent of users on Yelp say that if a business has a positive review, they are more likely to buy from them.
- a LocalVox article reports that Yelp currently has over 47 million local reviews.
- 79 per cent of users say that they treat positive reviews just as they would getting a personal recommendation from a friend or family member.
- 73 per cent of consumers who shop online report they were also searching for a store location.
- 90 per cent of customers who look for a local business through their mobile device visit or phone that business within the subsequent 24 hours.
Video Marketing Works
Online Reviews are King
Use Geolocation to Your Advantage
These ten online marketing facts should be eye opening for any general contractor or specialty professional looking for new ways to generate leads and clients. Local directories, video marketing, and online reviews should be a central focus of your client generating efforts.